No matter how hard-core feminists try to dispel the common notion of sexy in this society, there’s nothing you can do about it. A desirable hourglass-shaped figure is hard-wired into the human brain as the ultimate standard of sexy. This is because a woman’s healthy bosom and full hips signify her maximum reproductive capabilities. And it’s really no secret that you want to look like that too. Most women do. Thankfully, there are ways to shape up your body into the shape we all want to have.
1. Speed up your metabolism with exercise. With faster metabolism rates, your body gets to burn away the calories stored within those layers of unwanted fats. There are many ways to crank up your metabolic rates, not the least of which is doing heart-pumping cardio exercises that get you moving, such as running, bicycling, and swimming. Pair your cardio exercises with strength training exercises, including weight lifting and body weight exercises that develop muscle tissue. The more your muscles are trained, the more calories you’ll be burning away.
2. Watch what you eat. It’s common knowledge that whatever you put inside your mouth hugely affects the size and shape of your own body. It’s not common knowledge, however, that the crash diets we often see being advertised on the home shopping channel is not the way to a sexy and healthy body. Still the best diet for having a sexy body is a well-balanced diet of protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats.
3. Drink your fluids. Studies have shown that water is still the best metabolism-boosting 'food' out there. The ages-old reminder to drink at least six to eight glasses of water everyday actually has a scientific basis. Not only does water fire up your body’s fat-burning ability, it also acts as an appetite suppressant, giving you that feeling of fullness and preventing you from gorging on every snack bar you see in your way. Next to water is pure green tea, which is quickly becoming a fad among fitness buffs. But unlike other fads, green tea actually has substance to its claims. It aids in fat loss and its high antioxidant content offers the body a myriad of other health benefits.
4. Exercise your entire body. One of the biggest workout myths is that you can achieve toned arms with bicep curls alone, or a flat stomach with hundreds of crunches everyday. There is no such thing as having to work out a single body part because the others are okay. If you really want to look and feel sexy, you have to engage the entire body in exercise. Whole body exercises such as swimming, cross-country skiing, and body-weight exercises like push-ups and planks, are what you need to focus on.
5. Incorporate healthy lifestyle habits. Staying fit and healthy is not a one-time activity that you can discard once your body has slimmed down to your desired weight. Looking sexy and feeling sexy is actually a lifelong endeavor that is not limited to your workout schedule and your meal times. Little things such as taking the stairs instead of the elevator, switching your chocolate ice cream for some healthy yogurt, or walking or bicycling home from school or work everyday can up your chances of becoming slimmer and healthier while training your mind to get used to these healthy habits.
© 1997 - 2017 LosingWeight.com. All rights reserved.